Monday, December 3, 2012

Technology in the Eyes of International Students!

Marisha to the right of the screen about to go out! :)
 

For my second blog I decided to interview students that live in Garces (a dormitory here at AWC) and it turns out that the person that has the strongest opinion about technology is my own roommate. Marisha is a girl from Trinidad & Tobago that is here at Arizona Western College on a volleyball scholarship. I asked her 4 questions about technology. What do you use technology for, what kind of technology do you use most frequently, do you think technology is harmful, and finally do you think technology should spread more? She uses technology to communicate, learn, and make her hair look pretty! Marisha says, “I iron my hair after I shower every time so that it looks tame." The technology Marisha uses the most both here and at home is her cell phone. Without it she says that she can't do anything. "I use my phone to stay in contact with my coaches, my family, my friends, music and since I came here I use it for much homework." Since volleyball is a big part of her life keeping in contact with her coaches is extremely important. She goes on to explaining how "...if a recruiter is interested in contacting me they can email me and my phone is linked to my email. That way I don't need to go to a cafe" Cafes are small businesses that have computers with internet access and they rent them for a fee of about 2 dollars an hour. Over all she said that technology is very useful in all situations and especially now that she is nowhere near from home. Marisha video chats with her family every Sunday evening from my computer and she also uses it to do homework every day. What was interesting was that when she first she didn't seem to think much of technology and when i asked questions she kept adding more to her initial answers.

Marisha is taking care of her homework! :)






























No comments:

Post a Comment